Updated 12 July 2022
Here at Villa Andalucía, Bed & Breakfast in Competa, we work to a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene. Our guests, staff, and families’ health and well-being are our highest priority.
For this reason, we have taken a series of measures and protocols for additional cleaning, hygiene, and physical distance to guarantee the safety of all.
I have professional cleaners to clean and change the rooms they will clean and disinfect to the high standard as they always have done.
- Physical distancing is adhered to, as recommended by the Andalucian government.
- They will wear masks and gloves whilst cleaning the rooms for their safety, if they feel this is necessary.
- Several cleaning protocols have now been removed as the world is beginning to live with Covid19.
On your arrival
The handling of any paper and touching of documents is still been kept to a bare minimum, therefore the following has been put into place.
- Guests are now asked to check-in online using an app which you download onto your phone. All instructions are in each room to guide you through the process. If you have any problems please speak to Helen.
- The information on the form is required by the Guardia Civil, one of the police forces here in Spain that deal with terrorism and immigration matters. This is a legal requirement and guests have 24 hours from your arrival date to submit it.
In the rooms
- The paper information guides have been removed from the rooms and replaced with a QR Code. Guests will have already received our full digital welcome pack prior to arrival, giving you any instructions and the WIFI code.
- Bedding and towels are laundered by our local laundry at high temperatures.
- Rooms are not cleaned on a daily basis unless the guests have asked for it prior to arrival; I have always respected my guest’s privacy, and until further notice, this will remain to be the case that guests make their own beds.
- We clean the surfaces, furniture, and all the elements of the room and bathroom with highly sanitized products.
- The rooms are continually ventilated before and after cleaning.
- There will be no housekeeping undertaken in the rooms. So please, if you have any rubbish that needs disposing of, please liaise with Helen to collect it from you. (collection days for Villa Andalucía are Tuesdays and Fridays)
- Each day, guests in the Blueberry and Orange Rooms will be asked if they require clean cutlery, and dishes and replacements will be arranged with the guests.
- All rooms will still have the gel hydroalcoholic recommended by the government.
- All crockery, cutlery & glassware are washed at a high temperature in a dishwasher.
- Sachets are used for all condiments to cut down on human contact.
Hand hygiene is considered one of the most effective measures to prevent the spread of germs and prevent COVID-19 infection.
- We recommend guests to do frequent hand washing with soap and water.
- There are disinfecting gels and hand soap available in all the rooms.
- Outside sitting areas and sunbeds are cleaned on a daily basis.
Currently, the wearing of masks is COMPULSORY in Spain when using public transport, entering pharmacies, and if you need to go to the health center. This does not apply when you are eating or drinking in bars, restaurants etc.