Here at Villa Andalucía, Bed & Breakfast in Competa, we work to a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene.
Our guests, staff and families health and well-being are our highest priority. For this reason, we have taken a series of measures and protocols for
additional cleaning, hygiene and physical distance to guarantee the safety
Before your arrival
The handling of any paper and touching of documents are to be kept to a bare minimum, therefore the following has been put into place.
- Prior to your stay, you will receive your Registration Form either via the digital guide, email or WhatsApp. The information on the form is required by the Guardia Civil one of the police forces here in Spain that deal with terrorism and immigration matters. This is a legal requirement and we have 24 hours from your arrival date to submit it.
- The paper information guides have been removed from the rooms and guests receive our full digital welcome pack prior to arrival, giving you any instructions and the WIFI code.
On your arrival
When the previous guests have vacated their room, it will be an hour before anyone enters the room to clean. I have professional cleaners to clean and change the rooms they will clean and disinfect to the high standard as they always have done. They will wear masks and gloves whilst cleaning the rooms for their
- All keys are disinfected and handed over to you in person whilst the person handing them over is wearing gloves.
- Masks are worn and physical distancing is adhered to, as recommended by the Andalucian government.
In the rooms
- Bedding and towels are laundered by our local laundry at high temperatures.
- Rooms are not cleaned on a daily basis unless the guests have asked for it prior to arrival; I have always respected my guest’s privacy until further notice, this will remain to be the case that guests make their own beds.
- We have removed the majority of decorative elements (cushions, table coverings) as a sanitation measure.
- We clean, and then disinfect the surfaces, furniture and all the elements of the room and bathroom with highly sanitized products.
- The rooms are continually ventilated before and after cleaning.
- There will be no housekeeping undertaken in the rooms. So please, if you have any rubbish, please liaise with me to collect it from you.
- Each day guests in the Blueberry and Orange Rooms will be asked to leave all cutlery and dishes outside their rooms for collection and replacements will be arranged with the guests to replace at certain times of the day.
- All rooms will have the gel hidroalcoholico recommended by the government.
- All crockery, cutlery & glassware are washed at a high temperature in a dishwasher.
- We carry out continuous cleaning of surfaces and furniture that may be in contact with our guests in the dining room.
- Sachets are used for all condiments to cut down on human contact.
- We use protective elements such as gloves and masks when greeting guests and serving breakfast.
Hand hygiene is considered one of the most effective measures to prevent the spread of germs and prevent COVID-19 infection.
- We recommend guests to do frequent hand washing with soap and water.
- There are disinfecting gels and hand soap available in all the rooms.
- Outside sitting areas and sunbeds are cleaned on a daily basis. If possible, please use the same sunbeds during the day.
Currently, the wearing of masks is COMPULSORY in Spain. This does not apply when you are eating or drinking in bars, restaurants etc.